Blogcritics (http://blogcritics.org/), online magazine and blog network par excellence, launched a major redesign today, leading the way for major upgrades and tweakings most impressive to come.
* New site and sectional logos and color scheme make for navigational breeziness. And check out the cute little sectional icons that make getting from Music to Politics to SciTech and back again a snippety-snap!
* Links on the left nav again make cruising around site sections an intuitive fest-of-joy: BC Home, TV/Film, Music, Culture, SciTech, Books, Politics, Sports, and Gaming. Blogcritics covers it all with the force of 1,700 writer/bloggers who bring the news, reviews, opinions, and interviews to the tune of more than 50 fully edited stories each day.
* Front page and sectional "spotlight boxes" bring the best stories of the day "above the fold."
* Front page breakdown divvies up the stories by section (listing most recent published pieces and site features) and then goes on to further slice-and-dice by story type (news, review, interview, opinion, satire/humor).
* The right nav bar provides easy tabs to toggle back-and-forth between recent articles and fresh comments, allowing readers to quickly delve into the heart of the interactive experience.
* Spread the Word invites readers to read highlighted stories and to vote for them on popular social news sites such as digg, reddit, and netscape.
* Readers can easily delve into the most read and most commented upon stories of the day, as well as access the most prolific writers and commenters on the site in a snap-like fashion.
* Article pages themselves have been completely overhauled, and include easy-as-osmosis links to the writer's page on Blogcritics and personal site, as well as more than 240 RSS feeds (allowing any and all portions of Blogcritics to come to you!).
* The comments area on each article is now a testament to beauty and function – check it out and join the conversation!
Blogcritics is a new kind of online magazine and blog network, an interactive community in which writers and readers from around the globe talk about stories, issues, and products. If it's happening in the world – from global political issues to obscure rock bands, from the latest best-selling novel to the TV shows that aired last night – Blogcritics has it covered.
Blogcritics is an official Google News and My Yahoo! source, syndicates content to online editions of newspapers around the United States via the Advance family of websites, and has won numerous awards, including a Bloggie for best music site, Forbes.com's Best Media Blogs, and was recently showcased on the prestigious AlwaysOn and Technorati "Open Media 100" list. The Blogcritics team includes founder and journalist Eric Olsen, Technical Director Phillip Winn, and a team of more than twenty editors dedicated to making Blogcritics the premier Web destination for interactive news, commentary, and reviews.
You can now let Blogcritics come to you. Sign up for Blogcritics' "all articles" RSS 2.0 feed or any number of specific feeds tailored to your interests.
Are you a blogger? Would you like to increase your visibility and reach a very large and growing audience? Then Blogcritics may be for you. Visit http://Blogcritics.org and click Become a Blogcritic for details.
For press inquiries, requests for interviews, or sales and advertising information, please contact:
Blogcritics Executive Producer
605 W. Acadia Pt
Aurora, OH 44202
Technorati Tags: Blogcritics